(Win) nipeg and we’re in. That is the Jets’ mindset as they prepare for tonight’s match-up against the Colorado Avalanche.
Twice in the last three seasons, the Los Angeles Kings have raised the coveted Cup high above their heads in typical Kings fashion—sliding into the playoff picture virtually unnoticed and then turning on the afterburners. However, this time around just may be too little too late.
A loss by the reigning champions tonight and the streets of Calgary and Winnipeg will be rocking as both clubs will earn themselves playoff berths. The Calgary Flames last made a playoff push in 2009 but were quickly ousted by the Chicago Blackhawks. As for the Winnipeg Jets, a post-season bid could be significantly sweeter.
It is that time of week, everyone! As we continue our Throwback Thursday series, we time hop to the 1996 season, which was the last time Winnipeg saw a playoff game before falling in the quarter-finals to the Detroit Red Wings. That year was highlighted by the Jets’ first overall selection in the 1990 draft, Keith Tkachuk. The 2011 United States Hockey Hall Of Fame inductee most notably broke the 50-goal barrier in back-to-back seasons (1995-97) for the Jets. This year, the revamped Jets have been riding the coattails of Blake Wheeler and Andrew Ladd in the hopes that they can once again return the Jets to playoff form.
So let’s put up a throwback card and see if our fans can come up with some creative captions! Please share your comical caption to this card for a lucky fan’s opportunity to score 5 packs of 2014-15 O-Pee-Chee Platinum Hockey Cards!
Important Promotion Guidelines:
- You can only submit one comment per email address so think about it before you post.
- Comments are moderated so keep them clean and in good taste as we have a lot of youngsters on these pages. Comments deemed inappropriate will not be posted or eligible to score card set(s).
- Make sure to review other caption before you post. If you have the same comment as someone else or make slight improvements to it, the credit will go to the first person who posted the comment.
- You have until Friday morning, April 10th at 8:00 a.m. PT to post your caption before this promotion is closed.
- Upper Deck will review the captions posted and select one (1) fan who most skillfully shares a comical comment to coincide with this card.
- Only the customers selected to receive the card set will be contacted via email, so please make sure to provide an accurate email address when you leave your comment.