Welcome to a world of microscopic science and adventure…welcome to the Microverse! Ant-Man and Wasp are world-renowned adventurers – two of the original founding Avengers. Together, they have fought for justice in the Avengers’ greatest victories…and their most terrifying defeats. Far beyond other size-changing Heroes, Ant-Man and Wasp can actually shrink down to sub-atomic size, entering a strange “Microverse” of quarks and tachyons where the rules of physics can be bent… and even broken!
The Size-Changing keyword returns from Legendary®: Civil War and Legendary®: Champions and represents Heroes and Villains using superpowers to shrink, grow, or massively change their size. It’s also used by characters that can change the size of a weapon, technology, or energy.
- Some Hero cards say things like “Size-Changing: .” This means “You can recruit this card for 2 less if you played any cards this turn.”
- Likewise, some Villain cards say things like “Size-Changing: .” This means “You can fight this Villain for 2 less if you played any cards this turn.”
- Note: For a typical Size-Changing card, it doesn’t matter how many Heroes of that Hero Class you played – it only matters if you played any Heroes of that Hero Class or not.
- After you’ve recruited a card, Size-Changing doesn’t do anything else on that card.
Far beyond other Heroes that can stretch or grow, Ant-Man and Wasp can change their size to a whole new scale. They can shrink down smaller than an atom, to the quantum Microverse. Here, the very laws of physics can be broken and even reversed!
The Microscopic Size-Changing ability works like regular Size-Changing, but with a couple of twists.
- Some Heroes and Villains in this set say things like “Microscopic Size-Changing ”
- This means “You can recruit this card for 2 less for each card you played this turn, counting up to three cards.”
- So if you played one Hero this turn, this card costs 2 less. If you played two Heroes, it costs 4 less. If you played three or more Heroes, it costs 6 less.
- Playing a fourth card wouldn’t reduce this cost any further since there are only three icons listed in this particular Microscopic Size-Changing ability.
- The second twist is that Microscopic Size-Changing can actually reduce a card’s Recruit cost to zero or even a negative number! When you recruit a Microscopic Size-Changing Hero with a negative cost, you actually gain that many Recruit points!
- Some Villains also have Microscopic Size-Changing. It works the same way, letting you fight that Villain for 2 less for each card of the correct color you played this turn, counting up to the number of icons shown in the Microscopic Size-Changing ability.
- Likewise, if you fight a Villain with Microscopic Size-Changing and reduce its value to a negative number, you actually gain that many points when you fight it. You don’t even need to have any points before you fight them.
- For example, say you play five Heroes, then fight a Villain with 3 and “Microscopic Size-Changing.” The Villain’s decreases to -5, and you actually gain 5when you fight them! (The 5th Hero you played didn’t reduce the , since the Microscopic Size-Changing ability only had 4 icons.)
Building the right deck and shrinking down to the crazy backwards physics of the Microverse can create some very powerful turns!
Join us next time as one of Hank Pym’s greatest creations becomes his biggest regret.
Legendary® Ant-Man releases November 7th. Contact your local gaming store to preorder your copy today.