In Legendary®: World War Hulk, duality and transformation are key themes of Hulk stories: the puny, brilliant scientist transforming into a raging monster. The “Transform” keyword highlights this theme.
- Each Hero in this set has some special “Transformed” cards that go along with it. When you use these Heroes, don’t shuffle their “Transformed” cards into the Hero Deck. Instead, set them aside in a special Transformation Pile. You can’t recruit cards from this pile. Instead, you transform other cards into them.
- Some Hero cards like “She-Hulk: Hurl Legal Objections” say things like “…Transform this into Hurl Trucks.”
- When you play a Hero card that says it transforms into another card, you complete all effects on the card you played and get its normal Recruit and Attack.
- Then remove the transforming card from the game (putting it in the Transformation Pile) and put the newly transformed card into your hand instead (from the Transformation Pile). You can play the new Transformed card immediately that same turn.
- You still count as having played the transforming card you played and removed from the game, including effects. But if an effect asks you to reveal one of your cards, you can only reveal the new, transformed card, not the old card that you removed from the game.
- Some transforming cards tell you to put the new card on top of your deck or in your discard pile instead.
Heroes aren’t the only ones that can get bigger and stronger throughout the game. Each Mastermind in this set is a double-sided “Transforming Mastermind” that transforms back and forth between two forms during the game.
- The side with the “Always Leads” ability starts face up.
- When a Master Strike or Mastermind Tactic ability occurs, it will tell you to “Transform” the Mastermind, meaning flip it over to its other side. (Don’t also do the Master Strike ability of the new side.)
- A Mastermind only uses the abilities and Attack of its currently face up side. Ignore the special abilities and values on the currently face down side.
Smash is a new keyword that highlights pure rage. It represents how when Hulks get angry, they SMASH hard, no matter what they have to toss aside.
- Some Heroes say things like “Smash 2.” This means “You may discard another card from your hand. If you do, you get +2 Attack .”
We hope you enjoyed this preview of Legendary®: World War Hulk. Join us next time as the battle between brains and brawn rages on.
Legendary®: World War Hulk smashes into stores this June.