The electricity at the Hockey Hall-of-Fame last night was palpable as Upper Deck, the NHLPA and CIBC ushered in a new era of hockey collectibles with the launch of Grandeur™. These limited-edition coins are groundbreaking on a variety of levels and feature 20 superstar hockey players. Sportsnet co-anchor and author Ken Reid served as the emcee for the evening in the grand hall as media from around North America and special guests looked on.
Upper Deck President Jason Masherah, NHLPA Executive Director Don Fehr and executives from CIBC took the stage to unveil Grandeur™ and to talk about the collaborative effort needed to bring a revolutionary product like this to the market. Take a look at some of the images from this historic evening:
Here are just some of the things that make Grandeur™ hockey coins so unique:
- Upper Deck is bringing a new, exciting and unique element to the world of coin collecting with tried and true “blind bag” packaging; meaning that consumers will not know which finish or player they have until the sealed package is opened.
- The coins are minted in four finishes of precious metals and feature 20 superstar hockey players.
- The collection includes 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver coins available in three finishes and rarities. 99.99% pure 1/4 oz. gold coins are also available and limited to just 100 copies.
- The coins are minted legal tender in the Cook Islands.
- Coins can be purchased from either the precious metals page of CIBC or at UpperDeckEpack.com.
- You can trade with other e-Pack verified collectors on UpperDeckePack.com.
- Upper Deck Grandeur Coins are limited for purchase and trade by users with a valid U.S. or Canadian billing and shipping addresses.
Here are some of the reactions we’ve seen from fans getting their first glimpse of Upper Deck’s Grandeur hockey coins today:
@TradingCardBlog: The @UpperDeckSports Hockey Coins are pretty sweet looking if you haven’t seen them!
Matt Plamondon: My two passions, hockey and coin collecting!
Joe Lafontano: This is a big investment for Upper Deck. I hope collectors will grasp this idea… They’re precious metals, their value can only increase!
@Pabst_Beer_8: I’m drooling over these coins
@SBergerBOSTON: These coins look awesome
For more details on Upper Deck Grandeur™ hockey coins, please visit www.hockeycoins.com.